How it Works
How it Works
There are two ways to place your order, either through our online store or by using the mail in order from. To receive quantity discounts, LTL shipments and for the regional drop off locations, you need to use the mail in order form.
Once you place your order, the potatoes are yours, we are just holding them for you until you are ready to plant them in the spring. We recommend you receive your potatoes at least 1 week before you want to plant them, but more time can be better. When we ship your potatoes, they will be coming out of our cooler and be in "deep dormancy." Being dormant over the winter allows them to hold and be ready to grow in the spring, but they need time to wake up. By placing them in light and warmth - but not too hot - they will awaken and will be ready to grow once you plant them. You will want your seed potatoes to be at least as warm as your soil, usually mid 50's.
We have multiple options to get your potatoes. You can pick up at the farm and we ship both packages and LTL. We also offer regional distribution points in Minneapolis and Naperville, IL, we drop off at these location once in the spring.
On Farm Pick up
- pick up at the farm to avoid shipping cost
- email us to schedule a pick up time
- we are very flexible to meet your needs, but need advanced notice in order to have your order ready
- we do not have an on site store, please have an order placed and let us know when you will be picking up before you arrive
- you will be able to request your shipping date when checking out
- after you place your order we hold it until you are ready to receive your potatoes in the spring
- for LTL shipments we will coordinate the shipping date with you
- for LTL shipments we can give estimated costs, but we will bill for shipping after your potatoes have been shipped due to uncertain trucking costs
Regional Distribution Points
- you agree to pick up at the time and location specified
- you need to use the mail in order form for the regional distribution points